gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Two new pages...
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:10:56 GMT
Adam Jack wrote:

> BTW: I seem to have to press CTRL-RELOAD on Brutus or I don't see refreshed
> pages. I think we ought configure HTTPD to make this more interactive
> between browser/server, 'cos Gump pages change frequently. Can somebody
> easily change this and add the config change to the BrutusConfig wiki page?

I don't see this behavior with Mozilla on WinXP.  I checked the HTTP
headers that were being returned, and there are no expired headers being
added.

I could be wrong, but as near as I can tell, the reason you need to
press CTRL-RELOAD is because without doing this, the client is not
sending any requests to the server.  As the server is not getting the
requests, there is not much that can be changed on the server side to
fix this.

For Mozilla, this behavior can be controlled by the preferences.  From
the menu bar, select Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cache.  The
section to look for is entited "Compare the page in the cache to the
page on the network".  "When the page is out of date" is a good answer here.

- Sam Ruby