gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: brutus.apache.org status
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:16:32 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> We really need somebody to place these local information into a .bashrc or
> .profile (or wherever) so FORREST_HOME is picked up by a python script.
> However, I'm not that guy -- I am too out of touch with such things.

It's not all that scary.  I've updated .bash_profile to contain the
following lines:

   export FORREST_HOME=/usr/local/gump/forrest
   export PATH=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_04/bin:$PATH:$FORREST_HOME/bin

> BTW: Don't take this as me being intransigent and not open to moving away
> from forrest, this is just for here and now. I personally think we need to
> make forrest work for us (I want SVGs) but I think we can remove it as a
> mandatory requirement for HTML sites.

Pre-forrest, this was done via ant and batik:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/site/Attic/build.xml?rev=1.6&view=markup

This was also done as a part of the gump run, so it was using the latest
ant, batik, etc.  Seemed only fair.

> Since I've not had much fun running gumpy.py in background (when I hang up,
> it dies) -- and because I need the forrest env variables I am adding this
> crontab entry:

try:

   nohup python gumppy.py &

> Next steps (assuming this above all works) ought be to modify HTTPD
> configuration to point to the results in /usr/local/gump/public/results.
> Anybody game to take these on?

What url do you want to map to that directory?  For now, I've mapped

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/

But this can be easily changed.

- Sam Ruby