gump-general mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject About ForrestCocoon was: Gump Thrashing/Spinning...
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:57:16 GMT
Forrest uses cocoon  (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/)
Which is a servlet that does xml pipelines
XML -> transform -> transform --> xml (or whatever) out.
Along with caching all kinds of other cool stuff.
That is what you get when you use the "forrest run"  command

Because many, many of our pages are never visited this might actually
reduce the computational load.

So for us that means we run tomcat with a forrest install and then just
push our xdocs to the right location.
When a users visits a page that the xml underneath has been updated the
page will regenerate.
R,
Nick