gump-general mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Gump Architecture
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:00:31 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> <snip/>
>
> As for the buzzwords...let's create an action-based, data-centric,
> graph-based, versioning-enabled, highly componentized, extensible,
> continous integration system.
>
> I have no idea how to do any of that in python, but it sounds like fun
> to find out......

I had thought of using a event / black board system to support a
distributed gump.
Using something like javaspaces.
A controller adds projects to a queue
With information like

    * project name
    * cvs info including timestamp to use
    * List of dependencies
    * ant  file / target

The controller then walks through the project queue to find request that
have all dependencies resolved and moves them to the a buildable queue
Builders then get projects from the queue, and post the results which
are ant output and jar files.

When the controller has no more buildable projects it then posts the
rest as dependency failures.

This is a radically change but much more scalable.

R,
Nick