gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] My personal roadmap for gump
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:58:55 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Yada yada yada. Could go on for a while, but I won't. Let's hear about
> you! :-D

Thanks Leo, this is a wonderful idea.

Here is my personal roadmap.

I'm interested in data emergence: how you can make people create
metadata without knowing and without feeling like they are paying a tax
in doing so.

Gump, to me, represents a way to create extremely high quality metadata
about project development that would be tremendously complex/expensive
for machines to do as a byproduct of applying the right amount of social
pressure.

I'm lucky enough to be paid to do what I would do anyway and I plan to
get involved directly with gump in a really short period, as soon as the
infrastructure of our project that I'm building start to become more solid.

I personally think that bottom-up data emergence is the only way for the
semantic web to come into existance: the top-down ontological might work
in ivory towers but will never work in real life.

What this means in concrete, well, I still don't know, but I have the
gut feeling that the dynamics around Gump will be extremely beneficial
for what we are trying to achieve in a more global scale.

As well as it will be extremely beneficial as a
across-programming-language-borders community unification tool.

I think Gump has *tremendous* potentials.

I plan to explore and research them in full details.

--
Stefano.