gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump-Check task
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:12:08 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Maybe we could have an ant task that talks to the gump repository to
> keep (nay, improve on) that functionality.
>
> <project default="test">
> <target name="verify-gump" depends="build">
>   <gump-check project="cocoon"/>
> </target>
> <target name="test" depends="build,verify-gump">
> </target>
> </project>
>
> the gump-check task would get a list of requirements from the gump
> server (ie, what jars should exist, what directories, licenses, ...)
> and compare that info to the filesystem. It would warn the user of any
> errors.
>
> Like Ozzie, I'm just a dreamer ;)

Let's keep dreaming.

Gump looks closer to any port-like system that is out there for java
stuff. We happen to have a huge amount of metadata and the automatic
ability to make sure it remains in synch with it.

it would *NOT* take much to do what leo is suggesting and solve the jar
distribution thing.

worth thinking about!

--
Stefano.