gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] which OS for new gump machine?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:43:16 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> The new IBM boxen arrived, and infrastructure@ will be installing them
> this week. There's been quite a bit of talk about which OS to run on the
> machine. From the looks of it, we're probably getting Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux v3 (RHEL3).
>
> This is a quick vote to be sure we're in agreement that's a sane choice.
> Please place your votes:
>
> [] Linux
>    [] RHEL
>    [] Debian
> [] FreeBSD (probably 5.2.x)

My vote is for Debian.  I initially switched to Debian for my own
personal use when Red Hat end of lifed the non-Enterprise version of the
OS, but I quickly fell in love with apt-get.

If any help is needed administering this box, count me in.  I have some
prior experience in configuring Gump boxes, and would like to become
reacquainted with the Python branch.  ;-)

- Sam Ruby