gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump on moof
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:56:00 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>FWIIW: There has been content in there [/usr/local/gump/public/results]
>>since Friday when I installed Gump and asked for this change.
>

> That's not helpful without changing the httpd server configuration to map a
> URL to that file system location.  :-)  Which is what I figured Stefano
> could do.

I'm right on it.

But I don't have access to the gump.apache.org descriptor, so if anybody
could add this file to minotaur as

  /usr/local/apache2-install/www.apache.org/conf/vhosts/gump.apache.org

requires:

  mod_proxy
  mod_cache
  mod_deflate
  mod_expire

---------------------- cut here ---------------------

#
# gump.apache.org
#

<VirtualHost *>

DocumentRoot /x1/www/gump.apache.org
ServerName gump.apache.org

#
# Start the rewriting engine and the expires heading
#
RewriteEngine On
ExpiresActive On

#
# If the responses don't already contain expiration headers
# make sure to set them, so that we don't get hit back
# with resources of this type since they are not going
# to change that frequently anyway
#
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 day"

#
# Enable response deflation in those browsers that support it
# and for those resources that are no already compressed
# (since it would result in expansion rather than compression)
# Also, make sure that proxies understand that this response
# varies with the user agent so they don't cache results of
# one browser for another one
#
<Location />
  SetOutputFilter deflate
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4         gzip-only-text/html
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
  BrowserMatch \bMSIE             !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
  SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI     .(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary
  Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
</Location>

#
# Enable gump to reside on another machine and proxy it transparently
#
ProxyPass        /results/public/ http://moof.apache.org:16080/gump/
ProxyPassReverse /results/public/ http://moof.apache.org:16080/gump/

#
# Since proxying happens on a machine from a different network,
# we turn on response caching so that we avoid hitting back the server
# if potentially avoidable.
#
CacheEnable mem /results/public/

CacheDefaultExpire 86400