gump-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Persian enigma
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:57:09 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com>
>wrote:
>

>>what does Xvfb mean ?
>>

>a virtual frame buffer X server.  An X server that writes into memory
>and doesn't display anything anywhere.  It could also be a different
>locale setting since Gump seems to use a different locale when it gets
>run by cron on my machine.
>

>>when it fails on you, do you get the same compilation errors as
>>gumpy,
>>

>Yes.
>
>Stefan

Stefan,
which is the locale setting in which you run the build ?
- when you do it by cron,
- when if fails on you ?
the X frame server does not seem like a good explanation, the locale is
more appealing.

can we reasonably ask the xml-xerces developers to change the source
file which is causing the problem (after all it is only in JavaDoc
comments that we have problems).
Since I think they want to display a backslash in html, maybe changing
\u005c into &#092; would give the same result and not be sensitive to
locale setting on the gump machine.

Antoine