gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ot] osx 4 linux users
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:03:03 GMT

?

>    cat /etc/group

osx uses netinfo, which is a directory server, for users and groups.

>    set
>
>    rpm -qa | grep perl
>    apt-cache search perl

eheh, no package manager for osx, no. There is DarwinPorts (which uses
the FreeBSD port system) and Fink (which uses debian) but none are
installed on moof.

>    ls -al /usr/bin/java
>
> everything is different to me :-D

osx probably feels a lot less weird if you learned your unix skills on a
more cryptic UNIX flavor like solaris or HP/UX like I did ;-)

Anyway, apple has some good documentation available

http://www.apple.com/server/documentation/

--
Stefano.