gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject feature request: top critical failures
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:20:23 GMT
Dear gumpmaisters,

we need a way to improve the state of our tree.

My idea is simple: send a summary email to this list with the current
state of the tree.

this should have a list of the build failures, ranked by the number of
other builds that depend on it.

For example:

  excalibur-logging is breaking basically 40% of our tree and nobody
gives a damn.

  nekohtml is not even there and again, it breaks a huge part of the
tree thru HTTPUnit that depends on it

My point it: we need a way to focus on hotspots.

Cocoon hasn't been built for 6 months because of dependency failures.

I'm committed to make this change, who's with me?

--
Stefano.