gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Maven usage in Gump
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:53:54 GMT

Hi everyone,

I am querying about the Maven support in Gump.

*  The whole of Avalon was converted to Maven quite some time ago, and that is
probably when Gump support started to crack badly. What would Gump folks say
if we took the step of having <maven> in the avalon gump descriptors?

*  One of the things that I can imagine is a real worry is the build time
required for Maven compared to Ant, but the Maven-1.0-rc2 is showing
significant improvements.

*  How are the dependency Jars being passed to Maven, and getting Maven to
ignore the cached local repository?

*  Should the <maven> feature in Gump, not use the Maven POM and properties
files, since all the information about the builds are available there? Is
this planned, or considered too difficult?

The bottom-line is; If Avalon start using Maven for builds, it would put a lot
of pressure on Gump to have that feature working.

Thanks