gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Monthly clean of cvs dir.
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:37:20 GMT

> I think we should to a month clean of the cvs dirs.  a rm -rf .
>
> This will help us catch errors that outdated cvs dir would otherwise miss.

The only negative I foresee with this, is that currently Gumpy uses the
output of the CVS|SVN updates (in quiet mode) to determine if there have
been any updates. A monthly clean would (as implemented today) throw this
off:

    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/gump_stats/module_updated.html

Now, since we are on the topic -- is there a better way to ascertain what
updates occurred? I suspect we could check file dates/time stamps, but are
there CVS|SVN ways?

regards,

Adam