gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [Cactus] commons-codec added to dependency jars?
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:25:36 GMT

> I never though that people would have a problem modifying the metadata
> files for fear of breaking gump.
>
> But, I wonder, if your build is already broken, why are you afraid of
> breaking it?

I suspect folks are nervous of breaking other's builds via their mistakes. I
know I was, and only time has taught me otherwise. Gump isn't that
sensitive. It is possible, but unlikely, that a reasonable change will take
down Gump for all, and I've not seen it happen.

My advice to folks would be commit away and don't be nervous.

regards

Adam