gump-general mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: [Cactus] commons-codec added to dependency jars?
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 00:41:09 GMT

In this specific case, it's not broken. It's a refactoring (replacing
the dependency on commons-code with some inherit on httpclient). The
problem is that I'm not a gumpy expert and I don't know if this change
is the correct one. Stefan, on the other hand, has had much more
experience and I'm sure he's more confident in the changes he's making
(even though, I'm sure he tries them on his machine from time to time
before or after committing the changes) :-)

More generally, if the build is broken and I make a change to fix it,
I'd like to be sure it fixes the build. Otherwise I'll have to wait till
the following morning, try something else, wait again, try something
else. I remember doing this in the past and it took me about 1 week or
more to get Gump working for Cactus (the Cactus build does quite a lot).

-Vincent