gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: run gump 4 times a day (Re: Speed of brutus)
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:32:29 GMT

> Should we run gump every 6 hours on brutus?

Some thoughts I've had...

Since we have dedicated cycles, why not do it as soon as the last one stops?
What about doing N with --optimise (only build what has changed) and the
Nth+1 a full one?

BTW: Have a separate 'check metadata' loop (that doesn't build just checks)
might be nice for folks committing descriptor changes.

I've not written the code (ok, I did, but I ripped it out -- it was inside
the engine, not outside) but how about an external script that runs gumpy.py
as above [which does CVS update of self in there]?

regards

Adam