gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Generator vs Serializer
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:54:42 GMT
> My first proposal was to run forrest dynamic for gump. This means that
> you don't have to change anything in the code right now *AND* you get
> immediate changes as soon as they are written on disk.

I am game to explore alternatives, but this one really attracts me as a
short term fix. Can anybody find time to help install this on moof and/or
brutus and/or other? I'll give Gump a quick --xdocs option so that it leaves
the xdocs it generates are the output [sync'ing/moving to the log directory,
correct?], and not try to run Forrest inlined.

If we can have this in place, I think we can look at how we generate
documentation as it becomes available -- and then eventually [unless we have
somebody chomping at the bit for this] allow an HTML (via Cheetah)
alternative to xdocs.

regards,

Adam