gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: brutus.apache.org status
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 02:06:13 GMT
> It's not all that scary.  I've updated .bash_profile to contain the ...

Not scared, just my *nix knowledge is not "borne again". ;-)

> following lines:
>
>    export FORREST_HOME=/usr/local/gump/forrest
>    export PATH=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_04/bin:$PATH:$FORREST_HOME/bin

I'll move the stuff at /usr/local/gump/public/gump/local-env-py-brutus.py in
there, and try the hup command below, thanks.

> > BTW: Don't take this as me being intransigent and not open to moving
away
> > from forrest, this is just for here and now. I personally think we need
> > make forrest work for us (I want SVGs) but I think we can remove it as a
> > mandatory requirement for HTML sites.
>
> Pre-forrest, this was done via ant and batik:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/site/Attic/build.xml?rev=1.6&view=markup

I hear forrest has the same, from the same, so if we go a forrest/cocoon
webapp (for those that want it), we can do this.

> This was also done as a part of the gump run, so it was using the latest
> ant, batik, etc.  Seemed only fair.

Yup, I'm a big fan of that. Sadly forrest has such huge dependencies it
hasn't been built in a while. Further, if we move the forrest call out of
being inlined, then we loose this chance anyway.

> > Since I've not had much fun running gumpy.py in background (when I hang
up,
> > it dies) -- and because I need the forrest env variables I am adding
this
> > crontab entry:
>
> try:
>
>    nohup python gumppy.py &

Thanks, good and basic.

FWIIW: I asked Python to catch signal.SIGHUP, but either it isn't geing
registered (I think this is likely, I'm not ever sure there is such a
variable even on *nix Python) or it isn't working.

> > Next steps (assuming this above all works) ought be to modify HTTPD
> > configuration to point to the results in /usr/local/gump/public/results.
> > Anybody game to take these on?
>
> What url do you want to map to that directory?  For now, I've mapped
>
> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/

Thanks for that. I think the last root/admin task we need (which I'd
forgotten earlier, sorry) is for the 'svn' client to be installed/available.

regards,

Adam