gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject Re: fog factor
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:15:14 GMT
Michael Davey:

> > Adam, I think we should get rid of FoG entirely until we have a better
> > solution. It is causing more harm than good.
>
> Don't get rid of it. I'd like to sugegst two simple changes that I think
> would really help the community out:
>
>   *  Rename it to "Friendship factor"
>   *  Provide a link to a page that describes the metric, *every* place
> the metric appears.

FOG Factor always appealed to me, in part due to familiarity & 'sound', but
perhaps too much of that is due to it's re-use of the name of a written text
clarity algorithm. Much as I think we ought use 'FOG Factor' in some places,
I do think we ought link it back to a definition page, as best we can, and
also use 'Friendship Factor' at times where space is available.

I've added this posting to JIRA.

regards,

Adam