gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject Re: fog factor
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:52:24 GMT
> Question for a gump newbi.
>
> As the fog clears - you would anticipate a fog factor approaching zero.

Maybe it should, a boundary value is more comparable.

>   In the context of gump - is zero fog a good thing?  Summary - I don't
> understand the fog factor index - can anyone explain it or point me to
> relevant documentation?

For today, quite the reverse. The larger the better.

Gump does what Gump does, and some projects support that better than others.
FOG is an attempt to translate that into something
simple/comparable/tangible so folks can get a quick insight into something's
suitability as a Gump dependency for their project. [It doesn't today
directly translate to any other project 'quality' metric, but it might one
day.]

regards,

Adam