gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tales of running Gumpy from scratch
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:18:38 GMT
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:
>> ERROR:gump:Failed to detect [javac]
>
> Ok, failed, but didn't exit. An extreme warning, I know, but.

Uhm, not sure as it doesn't do much after that except for:

 Unable to detect/test mandatory [java com.sun.tools.javac.Main] in path (see next).
  /home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-gump
  /home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-gump/python/gump
  /home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-gump/python
  /usr/lib/python2.2
  /usr/lib/python2.2/plat-linux2
  /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload
  /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages

I had just snipped that off.

> Antoine wrote:
>
>> This is what I did yesterday to get my gumpy running Stefan.
>> Maybe we should add something in gumpy.sh to set this automatically
>> based on  $JAVA_HOME ?
>
> Maybe, if we don't find a better way from above.

Just take a look at how the Ant wrapper script does it.  It is a pain
but it works for ant.  Looking at JAVA_HOME is part of the process 8-)

Stefan