gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump project infrastructure needs
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 07:05:02 GMT
First of all, thanks!

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Manoj Kasichainula <manoj@io.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:58:38PM +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>Please note that there is a symlink inside the jakarta-alexandria
>>module (proposal/gump) that needs to be adapted.
>
> Done. But, why a symlink rather than CVSROOT/modules?

I'm not sure, let's say historical reasons.

At one point Gump was a proposal inside Alexandria.  When it moved
out, the symlink was created to keep old checked out stuff working.
AFAIU modules would have worked, but the symlink probably looked like
the easiest solution then.

Given that the alexandria project is on its way to retirement, I'm not
sure that there is any reason to change things now.  I wouldn't object
either.

Stefan