gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jaxen-from-packaged-dom4j: where to place <work> in CLASSPATH
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:44:18 GMT
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> I may be missing a reason why "traditional" Gump works the way it
> does right now.

well, at least I now know that I made sure it does:

<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=alexandria-dev&m=102585469601635&w=2>

and found this thread

<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=alexandria-dev&m=102517311610649&w=2>

So putting <work> last ensures that you can't cheat by pointing to
jars in CVS while putting it first ensures you compile against the
latest code in situations where there are duplicate classes.

I'm willing to change my opinion of almost two years ago and make
"traditional" Gump behave like Gumpy here.  If you want to cheat,
that's probably your problem.

Thoughts?

Stefan