gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Overrides/merging...
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:15:44 GMT
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> For things which are 'named' (Profiles, Modules, Projects,
> Repositories, Servers) an object is created (and stored in a hash)
> when first encountered.  Subsequence XML representations of such an
> object with such a name get the hashed object to work on.

So in theory merging should work and overriding may work - depending
on which XML representation is read first and whether the first or the
later representation wins.

>> Unit tests?
>
> Meaning, does Gumpy have any?

No, I know it has 8-)

If we know how we want overrides and merges to work, it should be
possible to put together simple workspaces to test the code.

> FWIIW: Gumpy needs to move from basic Python (teaching myself as I
> go along) to 'power Python', leveraging more packages & being
> 'nicer' Python code.

Maybe this is something that happens with the move to TLP, assuming we
can get some of the Python savvy folks in the ASF involved.

Stefan