gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XOM nag e-mails
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:23:48 GMT
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
wrote:
> At 4:55 PM +0100 2/16/04, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>Yes, Gump send nags to multiple lists.  Which one would be most
>>appropriate?  Well, if you don't subscribe to them yourself, you
>>probably won't know either. 8-)
>
> Send it to CVS.

done.

> I wasn't quite sure exactly what Gump is (still not exactly
> sure).

I won't pretend that we are exactly sure, we are still finding out
what it is along the way.  It started out as a integration tool for
the various Jakarta and xml.apache projects and has outgrown this
purpose by far.

It has become more of a community integration project than a code
integration project by now as it is mainly invisible unless two
communities have to know of each other (because one breaks the code of
the other) and Gump is the one who tells them.

Stefan