gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: directory-naming
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:26:47 GMT
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Brett Porter <bporter@f2network.com.au> wrote:

> I honestly think its time to make that a separate issue and just
> build projects with the latest release of Maven.

I agree, but I'm currently not able to make Gumpy use an installed
Maven as I'm neither familiar enough with Python nor the Gumpy code.

The minimum requirement obviously would be that Gump(y) uses an
installed version of Maven but this installed Maven will never
download any jars and use the CLASSPATH or any other configurable
source of jars when building a project - even if the project states
some dependencies on specific released versions in its project.xml.

I understand from you past posts that this should be possible, but I
don't know whether we have all the facts on how to make it possible.

Making Maven build within in Gump would be important as well IMHO, but
if this isn't possible for any reason, so be it.

On my "traditional" Gump installation the project maven-bootstrap
doesn't start a compilation because commons-jelly-tags-ant fails.
This particular project fails as one of the unit tests fails because
of a hard coded absolute path that doesn't exist (this is what it
seems to be to me).

In Gumpy commons-jelly-tags-junit fails because one of the tests fails
- and I'm not clear why.

Stefan