gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Infrastructure for the Gump project
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:00:29 GMT
My own votes.

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> We can stick with CVS or switch over to SVN

If we switch to svn, all committers who want to contribute to the
metadata have to create SVN accounts first.  So I'm leaning towards
going with CVS until more CVS committers have become SVN committers as
well, just to keep the entry barrier low.

Re: splitting metadata from code, I think we should split them.  And
maybe restrict commit access to code.  We need some way to identify
future PMC members 8-).  Access to metadat should be kept open to all
ASF committers.

> We should ask for a virtual host on minotaur for the site IMHO.

Well, my original mail wasn#t as neutral as intended.

It has been gump@jakarta not gump-dev.

I'm totally on the fence about the name, think dev@gump would be fine.

> do we want a Wiki for Gump?

We haven't used the Wiki much, but I don't see any reason to not have
one.

Stefan