gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Infrastructure for the Gump project
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:09:51 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> * Source Control

IMHO stick with CVS until most committers have SVN installed.

> mv jakarta-gump gump

+1

> "every ASF committer can commit to Gump"?

+1

> We should ask for a virtual host on minotaur for the site IMHO.

+1

> * mailing list(s)
> =================
>
> move gump-dev@jakarta.apache.org to dev@gump.apache.org or is there a
> better name?

I propose

     general@gump.apache.org

The bad thing about dev@ lists is that users feel shy about posting
there. We don't have enough traffic I think to warrant splitting into
dev and users. FWIW, infrastructure conventions dictate lists will be
named 'dev', 'general', 'users', 'cvs'. Let us follow suit.

We should also have

     pmc@gump.apache.org

if only because people often get confused when no pmc list exists for a
TLP :D

> Split commit messages from the rest?

+1

> * JIRA