gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Tales of running Gumpy from scratch
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:29:57 GMT

I have the project code docs system (ForrestDoc) working in Forrest
scratchpad CVS, so I want to make Gump run it.

As it comes out, the easiest way to make it work is to make a project
that runs at the end of the project stack IOW a project with
depends="last". (In practice maybe it needs to be depends="first", but
that's another story)

So, armed with high hopes, I am trying to make Gumpy work on my machine
(it's wierd, as I had wrote part of the first Gumpy ;-)

I installed Python 2.3 on my W2000 machine.
Then:

  SET GUMP=x123
  SET GUMP_WS=y123
  SET GUMP_LOG_DIR=z123
  gumpy

...doh, it needs a new profile, mine is old

  copy minimal-workspace.xml PC103.xml
  gumpy

...doh, minimal-profile has werken.xml, which is not there...

   (remove werken from minimal-profile)
   gumpy

...doh, it needs %CLASSPATH%

  SET CLASSPATH=j123
  gumpy

"Gump run on PC103 >>
C:\Programmi\eclipse\workspace\jakarta-gump\log\gumpy.html

         1 file copiati.
         1 file copiati.
INFO:gump:Arguments:..\PC103.xml
INFO:gump:Arguments:*
ERROR:gump:Command failed. [svn --version ]. ExitCode: 1
ERROR:gump:Failed to detect [svn]
ERROR:gump:Command failed. [ruper -version ]. ExitCode: 1
ERROR:gump:Failed to detect [ruper]
ERROR:gump:Command failed. [pgrep -help ]. ExitCode: 1
ERROR:gump:Failed to detect [pgrep]
WARN:gump:Workspace version [0.3] below preferred [0.4]
INFO:gump:Provide login for CVS repository: ant @
:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.or
g:2401/home/cvspublic
INFO:gump:Updating CVS logins: %USERPROFILE%\.cvspass
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"C:\Programmi\eclipse\workspace\jakarta-gump\python\gump\integrate.py", l
ine 63, in ?
     result = GumpEngine().integrate(run)
   File
"c:\Programmi\eclipse\workspace\jakarta-gump\python\gump\engine.py", line
  119, in integrate
     self.update(run)
   File
"c:\Programmi\eclipse\workspace\jakarta-gump\python\gump\engine.py", line
  180, in update
     self.updateModules(run)
   File
"c:\Programmi\eclipse\workspace\jakarta-gump\python\gump\engine.py", line
  225, in updateModules
     loginToRepositoryOnDemand(repository,root,logins)
   File
"c:\Programmi\eclipse\workspace\jakarta-gump\python\gump\net\cvs.py", lin
e 129, in loginToRepositoryOnDemand
     cvspass=open(cvspassfile,'a')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '%USERPROFILE%\\.cvspass'
         1 file copiati.

  ...doh, being naive I try:

   SET SERPROFILE="C:\Documents and Settings\barozzink"
   gumpy

   ...still same error.

Stuck for now :-/

             - verba volant, scripta manent -