gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Gump docs gen AKA Alexandria (was Re: Gump as TLP)
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:30:37 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I would really love that one day gump generates also web sites (consider
> continuous integration of documentation equivalent to code compilation
> when a document depends on a schema), javadocs, LXR-like HTML-ifized
> code, project RSS feeds based on autodiscovery of CVS logs (for example,
> you can have a special [RSS] token in your CVS commit that triggers this
> automatically), FOAF files, LXR-like agora graphs of project
> dependencies and so on.

Currently Alexandria is able to generate the following:
http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/alexandria-docs/xml-cocoon/

Actually, thanks to dims, the javasrc part works like this:
http://nagoya.apache.org/~dims/maven/

To try it, download the jakarta-alexandria CVS, install graphviz, and
then launch 'ant all' and it will gen the docs for Alexandria itself.

IIRC -Dproject.name=  and -Dproject.dir= make it possible to gen the
info for another project.

I was looking into making Gump generate the docs for every project but
then I'm too deep in Forrest, Incubator and work to do it yet.

What should I do, move the core here, to Forrest, whatever else?
(my idea was to put nagging in Gump and Alexandria under Forrest...)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -