gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump as TLP
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:23:43 GMT

On 4 Feb 2004, at 11:32, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> in short, I would say it as
>>
>> ... charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source software
>> related to automatic project artifact creation in order to promote
>> stronger integration between the various codebases and between the
>> codebase and the communities that maintain it.
>
> Nice.

Thanks.

> But Gump also makes stats and someone proposed javadocs (ala defunct
> alexandria).

Yes

> Would that count as "artifact",

yes, that's the goal. We should aim to keep the charter the biggest
possible, but without betting too big. Artifact is *anything* that we
can automatically produce that can help in the direction of integration
between codebases or communities.

> should we scrap the idea, or should we say something like "related to
> automatic project artifact and documentation creation"?
>
> Or maybe simply put:
> "
>  ... charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source software
>  that promotes stronger integration between the various codebases
>  and between the codebase and the communities that maintain it.
> "
>
> Of this last version I like the fact that it emphasises the
> "integration" part (and in fact brings us back to the simpler but
> undefined "continuous integration").
>
> I believe that nightlies are also now part of it, as in the "between
> the codebase and the communities" part.

I like it, but the board might not since it's a little too general. the
"creation of artifacts" defined the scope, but still keeping it big
enough.

Don't know, either way I'm cool with it. What do others think?

--
Stefano.