gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Maven & Gump (again)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:50:34 GMT
> > 2) Run the following: org.apache.maven.cli.App
>
> (2) is the preferred choice if it works as we'd get to catch
> even more problems - for example if a change in JUnit breaks
> Maven's junit plugin.  This may be even more true as long as
> we are unable to build Maven in Gump.
>
> If it doesn't work, go for (1) as an interim solution.

This wouldn't do it - junit is not specified in MAVEN_HOME/lib, but as a
dependency in the junit plugin, later loaded into the maven classloader.
What needs to happen is that the plugins are rebuilt with jar overrides -
but now that I think about it, I'm not sure if they honour them or not - I
think they should, but worth checking.

But, really, how often does Junit change anyway? :D

- Brett