gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Maven & Gump (again)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:07:41 GMT
> I have a bug w/ 'basedir' (see next posting).

Which posting is that?

> > (2) just won't work -  you need forehead for Maven to run.

> Hmm, I would've suspected that forehead was transparently embedded, but
what do I know. I have suspicions it could be made to work, I just don't
know
> what is right. ;-)

Otherway around - forehead sits in front of the app and controls the
classloader. New versions of Maven are the other way around - Maven embeds
classworlds to do this.

> Just so long as at the end of the day the jars (many) that ship w/ Maven
don't pollute the build/run environments of what it builds, that is all that

> really matters. That, and Gump being able to control that environment
total, somehow. [Not saying it can't, I jsut don't know enough yet...]

Sorry, but that's how it works right now - everything in lib/ is available
to all of the projects that use Maven.

> I'll add a few more dependencies to that project above, to see how Gump
interacts w/ Maven.

Cool!

Cheers,
Brett