gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: directory-naming
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 22:08:27 GMT
> Ideally, I would eventually like a way to get gump to work
> directly with
> the maven multiproject or at least to get maven's gump goal
> to generate
> something that works.

Getting gump to work with Maven is the right place to focus this attention.
It would be incredibly difficult to have Maven pull all of its stuff
together into an ant script, especially considering a lot of plugins will
soon not use ant to do stuff.

Adam is held up in his efforts on this probably in time, but also
"philosophically" as I last read, in that Maven can't currently be built
from first principles (I'm not sure what the problem is here, either - there
is an ant bootstrap that could pretty easily be tweaked to use more recent
JARs).

I honestly think its time to make that a separate issue and just build
projects with the latest release of Maven. We can look at making Maven and
gump play nicer with future releases - but as it stands I'm still not sure
what I can do to help. Looks to me like the DOM4J and Jelly builds failing
are all that are holding it up.

Cheers,
Brett