gump-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: Success Percentage
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:51:28 GMT
Adam,

I must have missed the original message.  I've been playing a bit
recently with DB access from Python - it's fairly easy, but let me
caveat that by saying that I haven't done anything too complex.

The MySQL interface you mentioned in the original e-mail provides
support for the Python DB API 2.0 spec, which (as I understand it - am
not a huge python expert, so happy to be corrected :>), should allow any
DB code to move to any other database where the 2.0 API is also
supported.  Given there are Oracle, PostgresSQL, DB/2, ODBC etc.
implementations of the API, I think we'd be fairly safe heading down
that path.

Cheers,
	Berin