gump-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject various gump remarks/problems
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:25:58 GMT
1) running gumpy under cygwin :
--------------------------------
is actually difficult, maybe not something to pursue.
The reason : gumpy starts ant with classpaths and various properties
pointing to files/or directories
in cygwin format. ant is in Java and does not know anything about
cygwin, so it does not work

2) running gumpy under DOS, with cygwin utilities
I have tried this one.

It requires to hack tools.py and forrest.py, so that the following
commands :
cp
sync
cat
get passed file or directory arguments reconverted back to cygwin format
with the cygpath utility.

This works OK.

*As Adam wrote already, the best (and real) solution is to replace all
these system calls by pure python code.*

I was wondering whether cat is used in tools.py for something else than
checking for the existence & readability of a file.

Is not this a 2 liner in python ?

cp and sync could probably also be replaced by pure python code

this page gives idea of functions which could be used.
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-shutil.html

3)  problem with Documenter
When I tried my run yesterday, after I had fixed my problems with the
shell utilities, my ant builds starting being successful
(also in the first place because I added the *name* attribute in my
workspace defnition.)

But gumpy was seeming to hang in Documenter, and to consume a lot of CPU.
I am not sure, whether it is the fault of gumpy or of forrest.

Does one need to set ANT_OPTS to a high memory value in local-env-py ....

Cheers,

Antoine