gump-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Gump as TLP
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:59:02 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On 4 Feb 2004, at 04:14, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>> I'm not sure whether this is too broad and if this collides with the
>>> goals of the Maven project.  So far Gump is tackling one facet of
>>> continuous integration which may be more than just building things
>>> against each others latest source control versions.
>>

>> I always thought that it would be beneficial if Gump would also be
>> able to publish statistics about the projects and nag communities
>> that request it about anything that may be wanted (for example bug
>> reports, things to do, etc).
>>
>> In a sense it's about continuous integration applied also between
>> communities and between the code and the community. Dunno how to say
>> that though 8-)
>

> I like that continuous integration between different codebases and
> between the code and its community. Nice.
>
> But I also think that gump needs to act as a nightly build system as
> well. [of course, there is the problem of trusting the code coming
> from the outside, but we can fix that with MD5-ing the snapshots, I
> think]
>
> in short, I would say it as
>
>  ... charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source software
> related to
>  automatic project artifact creation in order to promote stronger
> integration
>  between the various codebases and between the codebase and the
> communities
>  that maintain it.
>
> WDYT?
>
> --
> Stefano.

I like the idea of nightly build system.
One interesting output, aside from the jars would be a web site with all
the javadocs of the participant projects,
and stuff like the output of the ant xdocs/proposals (automatic task
documentation) when the dependencies will be working again. (xml-batik
is the last blocking factor).

Antoine