gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump as TLP
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:36:45 GMT

On 5 Feb 2004, at 09:10, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Feb 2004, Leo Simons <leosimons@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> " ... charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source
>> software related to promotion and facilitation of automated
>> integration of the software produced by other projects."
>
> I'm fine with it.

I would really love that one day gump generates also web sites
(consider continuous integration of documentation equivalent to code
compilation when a document depends on a schema), javadocs, LXR-like
HTML-ifized code, project RSS feeds based on autodiscovery of CVS logs
(for example, you can have a special [RSS] token in your CVS commit
that triggers this automatically), FOAF files, LXR-like agora graphs of
project dependencies and so on.

This is all, IMO, something that Gump could do and "integration" might
not be right for describing this kind of things (even if, admittedly,
the reason why you generate all the above is, indeed, better level of
integration between various projects).

Don't know, I can live with it, but the "artifact production" part made
it more explicit.

WDYT?

--
Stefano.