gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump as TLP
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:04:49 GMT

On 4 Feb 2004, at 04:14, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 02 Feb 2004, Leo Simons <leosimons@apache.org> wrote:
>>>        charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source
>>>        software related to continuous integration,
>> I'm not sure whether this is too broad and if this collides with the
>> goals of the Maven project.  So far Gump is tackling one facet of
>> continuous integration which may be more than just building things
>> against each others latest source control versions.
>
> I always thought that it would be beneficial if Gump would also be
> able to publish statistics about the projects and nag communities that
> request it about anything that may be wanted (for example bug reports,
> things to do, etc).
>
> In a sense it's about continuous integration applied also between
> communities and between the code and the community. Dunno how to say
> that though 8-)

I like that continuous integration between different codebases and
between the code and its community. Nice.

But I also think that gump needs to act as a nightly build system as
well. [of course, there is the problem of trusting the code coming from
the outside, but we can fix that with MD5-ing the snapshots, I think]

in short, I would say it as

  ... charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source software
related to
  automatic project artifact creation in order to promote stronger
integration
  between the various codebases and between the codebase and the
communities
  that maintain it.

WDYT?

--