gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Tales of running Gumpy from scratch
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:04:54 GMT
> ERROR:gump:Failed to detect [javac]

Ok, failed, but didn't exit. An extreme warning, I know, but.

> ERROR:gump:Command failed. [java com.sun.tools.javac.Main -help ].
ExitCode: 1
> ERROR:gump:Failed to detect [java com.sun.tools.javac.Main]

Ok, done same to this, in CVS.

> am I supposed to add tools.jar to my CLASSPATH?

Ya know, I forget. To try to get back in context, this was all due to
working with Ant. For ant to build stuff it needed a compiler, and this was
the only one I found. I didn't like what I did, I just wasn't experienced
enough (across environments) to find a better solution. Is there one?

Antoine wrote:

> This is what I did yesterday to get my gumpy running Stefan.
> Maybe we should add something in gumpy.sh to set this automatically
> based on  $JAVA_HOME ?

Maybe, if we don't find a better way from above.

regards,

Adam