gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject Re: Build of xml-batik on gump
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:17:36 GMT
>     You might try nagging rhino as it was their change that caused
> the problem - if they can give us an upwards compatible solution
> I'll use it (the basic issue is that they added a method to an
> interface that uses a class that didn't exist in the version of rhino
> we are currently using).

This is a valid point. I've long wished that Gump could nag the 'cause' of a
problem, not the 'effect', but it is (AFAICT) pretty much impossible to
guess who is cause from a compile failure. It is quite possible that the
Rhino folks aren't aware of the problem this has caused, and they might be
open to re-working things.

Is there a Rhino mailing list anywhere? I don't see one here:

    http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/

regards

Adam