gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Maven & Gump (again)
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:48:44 GMT

> This is exactly what I'm saying - by rebuilding the plugins with the new
> JARs, when Maven is run for other projects, the newly built plugin will be
> used. So if we move to bootstrapping Maven as part of the gump process,
this
> should come naturally.
>
> I believe it adheres to overrides as it uses exactly the same code, but I
> haven't run any official tests.

Ok, I think I followed some of that. How do I put it into action in Gumpy?
Are we talking about dependency metadata, or more coding, or config, or ???
Pointers please.

BTW: Any feedback on the roadmap? Interested in taking a Maven built project
and supplementing the Gump descriptor with a parallel project (e.g.
X-mavenized for project X) so we can compare the two?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Adam