gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject Re: Thanks ! xml-batik was built properly today
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:17:31 GMT
Stefano commented:

> On 6 Feb 2004, at 04:01, Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
>
> > Thanks to the Rhino team for fixing the abstract class which was
>
> Wonderful!!
>
> Social software at work!!

Yes, I agree. I know a few early successes like this w/ Gump were recorded,
but somehow I feel we loose a lot of potential good will by not documenting
these more. Folks get more "thanks" (or notice) for putting a fires out,
than by averting a problem, and I sometimes feel Gump fails to benefit from
it's successes. The (relatively few) folks who don't see/get the need for
Gumping their projects might be persuaded more by these successes, or some
interpretation of them in some form.

Not sure where I am going with this, but I think we need to find a way to
highlight these good events...

regards,

Adam