gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Packaged dom4j and build of jaxen
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:53:17 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com>
wrote:

> I have seen that the bits of the dom4j jar file which are used in
> the gump builds are different in the CVS HEAD version of dom4j, my
> guess is that they would be OK for jaxen.

packaged-* is supposed to be the latest released version of either.  I
haven't checked back after I've added them, so they may be out of
date, though.

CVS HEAD of dom4j will not build against the packaged-jaxen we have,
it requires something later.

> I have also built jaxen using the supplied build.xml,

The main problem is the jdom dependency AFAIR.

Using the supplied build.xml means defeating Gump's purpose as you are
building against some uncontrolled (by Gump) dependencies.  I'd really
suggest using the packaged-* projects as dependencies instead of
building an "unclean" version of jaxen and pretending things would be
fine.

Stefan