gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jaxen does not build in some gump instances
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:40:50 GMT
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Scott Sanders <scott@dotnot.org> wrote:

> I am a jaxen developer, and have been unable to split the jaxen
> build to accomodate.  All communication to the dom4j list has
> returned nothing, so we are stuck with packaged builds.

Scott, we already have a version that tries to build jaxen from a
packaged dom4j.  The other way around doesn't work as dom4j doesn't
build against the latest jaxen release, it requires a more recent CVS
version.

This jaxen build doesn't pass either because of some jdom changes, see
[1] - is there anything you could do about it?  If so, the sequence
would be (1) build jaxen from packaged dom4j, build (2) dom4j from this
jaxen, (3) build jaxen - the one everybody is going to use - from (2).

Footnotes:
[1]  http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jaxen/jaxen-from-packaged-dom4j.html

Stefan