gump-general mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Nightly builds, Gump, Maven and repository issues.
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:21:01 GMT
Hi all,

I wanted to to attempt to coordinate with Gump folks concerning nightly
builds, the new maven repository on the apache server and other
interesting tidbits.

1.) Maven Repository on minotaur.

We migrated the maven repository contents being created by Apache
projects over to minotaur, they are currently under

/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

this is mirrored and ibiblio.org is working to sync it up to the
canonical maven repository there.

We're not 100% sure this will be a permantent location, I've been
attempting to integrate it into the dist directory contents. It
currently holds both dated snapshot builds and versioned release builds
of jar files for many of the Apache projects.

2.) There is the nightly build process on minotaur that Craig McClanahan
runs. This generates nightly builds under

/www/cvs.apache.org/builds/...

This produces tar and zip archives of the various distributions
registered to be processed with it.

Mandates concerning www.apache.org/dist are to have it contain versioned
releases. As such, I started considering spliting the Maven contents
into two places:

for releases:
/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

for developer/testing/nightly builds:
/www/cvs.apache.org/builds/java-repository

The former will be mirrored and synced into ibiblio.org/maven.
The later will be accessable to Apache developers for dependency testing
and development.

3.) There are the various continuous integration builds gump is
managing. These are producing jars and other distributables. It would be
beneficial to see these various sources unified or synced up in someway.

----

So in an attempt to get more "consistent" in terms of storing contents
of these various efforts, what are your thoughts on
cooperation/consolidation of the contents of these various build processes?

The goal on my end is to promote a nightly build process which helps
populate the two proposed repository locations.

thanks for any input,
-Mark

--
Mark Diggory