gump-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Packaged dom4j and build of jaxen
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:47:00 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com>
>wrote:
>

>>I have seen that the bits of the dom4j jar file which are used in
>>the gump builds are different in the CVS HEAD version of dom4j, my
>>guess is that they would be OK for jaxen.
>>

>packaged-* is supposed to be the latest released version of either.  I
>haven't checked back after I've added them, so they may be out of
>date, though.
>
>CVS HEAD of dom4j will not build against the packaged-jaxen we have,
>it requires something later.
>

>>I have also built jaxen using the supplied build.xml,
>>

>The main problem is the jdom dependency AFAIR.
>
>Using the supplied build.xml means defeating Gump's purpose as you are
>building against some uncontrolled (by Gump) dependencies.  I'd really
>suggest using the packaged-* projects as dependencies instead of
>building an "unclean" version of jaxen and pretending things would be
>fine.
>
>Stefan

Hi,

all I would like in a first step is that *someone* (I do not know if I
have the rights to do it, and in any case I do not know how to do it)
replaces the packaged dom4j jar with this one :
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/dom4j/jars/dom4j-core-1.4-dev-8.jar

I do not know where in the gump metadata the location of "static" jars
is defined, or whether each gump site manager is populating by hand the
static or packaged
jars to get started. (without metadata supplying compulsory locations)

In any case, if we use this one
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/dom4j/jars/dom4j-core-1.4-dev-8.jar as
"packaged dom4j" I believe that this part of the inferno will cool down.

Cheers,

Antoine