gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Nightly builds, Gump, Maven and repository issues.
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:17:08 GMT
Mark wrote:

> I wanted to to attempt to coordinate with Gump folks concerning nightly
> builds, the new maven repository on the apache server and other
> interesting tidbits.

I needed some time to mull this over before I responded. I see you have good
intentions to try to pull a bunch of things together, and I respect that.
That said, I don't think they should fit.

Every time I try to match Gump with nightly builds, I come up against a
philosophical problem which Stefan explained. Gump isn't doing nightly
builds (against a stable base), it is doing nightly integration test builds
(an unstable 'box of chocolates' :). Gump's output jars aren't for general
use (few folks could/should live on the edge that much, each morning getting
a shifting base). IMHO they probably ought not have been distributed (in the
past) but for the future I see them as key to scaling a cascade of Gumps. As
such, although I think the Gump repository ought be open/available (no point
thinking for users) I envisage it's use only by other downstream Gumps.

regards,

Adam