gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: gumpy stack trace
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:07:15 GMT
>   File "C:\APACHE\jakarta-gump\python\gump\syndication\rss.py", line 321,
in syndicateModule
>     if module.isUpdated() and not module.getState().isUnset():
> AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'isUnset'

Yup must've. I've been working on matching the various RSS feeds (at
workspace, module, project levels) with Atom feeds. I've moved more and more
code into a shared Syndicator class (base for RSSSyndicator &
AtomSyndicator) & tried to do some cleanup. Sometimes [in the past many
times] I wish Python was more like Java that caught stuff like this prior to
runtime. [I think some of the new JDK1.5 features will give Python a run for
it's money...]

The unit tests I've written are a help, but clearly don't have sufficient
coverage. [Can you imagine how much it sucks to have to check the code it,
telnet to a remote box to do a checkout/run to get good testing when you are
having modem/VPN/machine woes? Woe is me. ;-) :( That said, sorry, I'll try
harder at unit testing an not breaking the core.]

Give me 20 mins (max) and I'll fix it & test it.

regards,

Adam