gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/stylesheet bash.xsl build.xsl win2k.xsl
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 16:17:57 GMT
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Stefan, you had chance to look into that in ant?

Not yet.

I'll be on a plane for much of tomorrow - a lot of Ant code has been
written in planes, maybe it will be my first time to do so 8-)

> Is it just a case of some heavy lifting code, or are there
> quirks/gotchas/ramifications to others?

Some of all of them.

The system property stuff is rather easy (abuse propertref
internally).  The bootclasspath part rather difficult.  The "choose
the right VM" should work right now (if not, we've simply forgotten to
us JavaEnvUtils#getJreCommand("java") instead of "java").

org.apache.tools.ant.util.JavaEnvUtil should find the path to the java
executable that belongs to the VM currently running Ant.  All it uses
are java.home (set by the VM itself) and some hard coded logic about
the directory layout of common JREs/JDKs.

Stefan